The urine elimination process is nature’s best drainage system of your body that helps your body to get rid of toxins, waste products, certain bacteria, and infections which can make you vulnerable from having certain infections that can trigger some severe health conditions, such as brain tumor, stroke, high blood pressure, and heart diseases.
Your fist-sized kidneys are a remarkably intricate part of the urinary system that produce around 800 to 2,000 milliliters of urine per day if you’re drinking around 2 liters of water per day.
What happens if you don’t urinate?
Having less or no urges to urinate is a clear indication of kidney dysfunction, which tells that your kidneys fail to produce enough urine required to purify your blood. This condition is termed Anuria which is mainly linked to having chronic or acute kidney dysfunction. Having less urine prevents your kidneys from flushing out waste products and other unnecessary or unwanted substances out from the body. This condition is life-threatening as it makes your bloodstream thick and prevents blood from reaching the primary organs of your body, such as the heart—liver, brain, lungs, etc.
How common is Anuria?
Anuria is a type of chronic renal failure that occurs over overtime. There aren’t any exact numbers or records of people suffering from Anuria; however, a person suffering from chronic renal failure has experienced low urine output, termed oliguria. The estimated prevalence of chronic kidney disease in India is around 7.63 million, in which having low urine problems has become commonplace.
What are the symptoms of Anuria?
Anuria takes time to get visible; a person having Anuria might have symptoms which includes the following-
- Blood in urine
- Fluid retention
- Low bathroom visits
- Having trouble in passing urine
- Swelling in ankle and foot
- Loss of appetite
- Frequent vomitings
- Feeling weak
- Having distress, pain, or difficulty in peeing
When to see a doctor?
You need to seek medical attention if you constantly feel the symptoms as mentioned earlier in your health. Having low protein output doesn’t necessarily mean that your kidneys are working correctly; it can also occur when you have a low water intake in which your kidneys fail to produce urine in the body.
What causes Anuria?
Several biological stresses might interfere with the urine elimination process of your body and gradually impairs your kidneys’ functioning includes the following-
- If you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes- Diabetes is considered as the primary driver of kidney dysfunction, which can damage the tiny blood vessels inside your kidneys which are primed to purify your blood from waste products. High sugar levels can make blood vessels narrow and clogged.
- Hypertension ( High blood pressure) – High blood pressure can prevent your kidneys from working properly by damaging the small blood vessels that supply blood to your kidneys.
- Kidney failure- Having a condition in which your kidneys completely stop working and affect your body’s urine elimination process.
- Kidney stones- Kidney stones can affect the urine output when kidney stones get large and block urine from going out of the body. This condition can cause excruciating pain and other complications.
Ayurvedic treatment for low urine flow
Certain herbs in Ayurveda are proven effective in curing dribbling urine problems effectively of their root cause. Having low or no urges of passing urine is named Mutravahasrota Roga in Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, if you’re not producing 800 to 2,000 milliliters of urine per day, it indicates kidney dysfunction such as kidney stones, urinary tract infection, kidney shrinkage, and polycystic kidney disease. Ayurvedic treatment for anuria kidney disease is best known for its fantastic healing abilities that cure any damage, obstruction, or inflammation occurring inside your kidneys and preventing urine from going out of the urine passageways. The anuria treatment in Ayurveda is 100% effective. It doesn’t leave any side effects on the body as the medicines are derived from the extract of several powerful herbs, leaves, and fruits that are composed of unique healing abilities.