Many of us may not know that fluid retention is also one of the major causes behind the medical condition ‘Nephrotic Syndrome’ Your body releases fluid every day to tissues from the blood. The fluid retention occurs when the tissues fail to remove the collected water. This may result in severe Oedema. It can be classified into two major categories; one is generalized edema and the other is localized edema. The former affects the overall body and the later affects only the several parts. Nephrotic syndrome is more common in kids than adults and elderly people. Kids being born with this disorder, can have its treatment in congenital nephrotic syndrome ayurvedic treatment.
The cause of fluid retention in the body can be because of changing weather conditions or hormonal changes. Following is the brief about the common causes of fluid retention:
- Excess intake of sodium
- Hormonal changes associated with the menstrual cycle
- Reaction to hot weather
- Inadequate Manducating
- Genetic disorders
- Standing for a longer period
- Weaker heart-health
- Too much consumption of allopathic drugs
It is a generalized statement that ‘there is no cure for nephrotic syndrome and only the progression of symptoms can be stopped’ In allopathy, this statement may prove its true meaning but having Ayurvedic medicine of Nephrotic syndrome can provide the cure. To get this natural medicament, the following symptoms can help in the prevalence:
- Swelling: As discussed above, Oedema affects the body in two ways; swelling in the whole body or just a few parts. During nephrotic syndrome, most cases have found for swelling in the lower body and abdominal area.
- Pale colored skin
- Shinny and puffy skin
- Frequent body aches
- Stiffed joints
- Unexpected and unexplained weight gain
- Indentations in the skin
- Puffy eyes
All these symptoms may vary from person to person and which is why it is better to get the diagnosis done for a better nephrotic syndrome ayurvedic treatment. Following are the different methods by which it can be identified easily:
- Physical examination
- Kidney function tests
- Blood tests
- Urine tests
- Liver function tests
- Imaging tests
- Cross-examination to know the medical history
Nephrotic syndrome Ayurvedic treatment provides natural care to the body so that it doesn’t leave side effects behind. Here are the five remedies to prevent the complication of fluid retention in nephrotic syndrome:
- Eat a low-sodium diet: People suffering from nephrotic syndrome should consume a sodium-free or low-sodium diet. Minimizing sodium intake to 2300 mg per day can help in the swift recovery. Check the labels at the box printed behind the box.
- Include foods that are rich in potassium and magnesium: Include foods like bananas, avocados, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and leafy vegetables to reduce the problem of fluid retention but only on the advisory of your nephrologist.
- Include foods that are the great source of Vitamin B6: Those patients who have got the complication of fluid retention because of menstrual problems can have vitamin B6 enriched diet to recover speedily.
- Eat protein-based foods: During nephrotic syndrome, protein leakage is the prominent symptom and have a protein-based diet that can fulfill the requirement of protein in the body easily.
- Do not hang your feet for too long: Keeping your feet elevated can help you in reducing the swelling caused because of fluid retention.
Other precautions that are compulsory while you are on Nephrotic syndrome Ayurvedic medicines:
- Consumption of naturally present diuretic foods.
- Avoid the frozen and preservative-rich foods.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol.
- Practice mild exercises instead of weightlifting.
- Practice different yoga asana for kidney problems.
- Wear compression socks or leggings.
In a nutshell, these remedies act as a Nephrotic syndrome Ayurvedic medicine and can be followed easily. But as everyone knows that all this is possible only with the help of a nephrologist or an Ayurvedic expert. Karma Ayurveda Health is one such Ayurvedic institute that has been curing the complications of fluid retention in Nephrotic syndrome with Ayurveda only since 1937. Today, Dr. Puneet Dhawan is leading the legacy with his modern practices and ideology to heal mankind with Ayurvedic treatment for kidney diseases.
Disclaimer: This piece of information is for your reference only. Do not forget to consult it with your Ayurvedacharya or nephrologist.