The term uremia means an elevated concentration of urea in the blood along with fluid, electrolyte, and hormone and metabolic imbalance. Uremia develops with chronic kidney disease when the kidneys are not able to excrete urine properly resulting in the urine buildup within the blood. Several instances of uremia can also be seen during acute kidney injury when there is a sudden loss of kidney function. Protein, creatinine, and other substances may also develop in the blood when uremia occurs.
It is a serious health condition if left untreated can result in complete renal failure in the later stages. Consider uremia as one of the signs and side effects of chronic kidney disease at the same time. If several other signs also appear along, you need to get yourself ayurvedic treatment for uremia as soon as possible.
Symptoms of Uremia
Most people who develop uremia experience symptoms in the initial stages but uremia in CKD patients may not cause any sign until significant time has passed. Symptoms may even change in between the condition, first showing signs and then disappearing again.
Here are the important signs to look after:
- Uremic neuropathy which can cause tingling, numbness, or electrical sensations in your hands and feet.
- The confusing state of mind, exhausted body, and weakness because of waste buildup or malnutrition, etc.
- Changes in the urine pattern. Some may observe too little urine or no urine while others tend to urinate more.
- Nausea and vomiting. Frequent vomiting may even lead to dehydration or loss of weight.
- Signs of metabolic acidosis when the body’s acid balance gets disturbed. Often people have a little knowledge that kidneys predominantly help maintain acid and fluid balance in the blood.
- High blood pressure is another sign to look after since your kidneys cannot remit excess fluid from the blood.
- Persistent swelling around the feet and ankles. The morning may look heavy with puffy eyes.
- Dry and itchy skin that does not go away.
You are required to take uremia treatment in Ayurveda if you want to get better early without any further complications.
Uremia vs. azotemia
Azotemia is a similar condition that may develop when the kidney functions shortfalls. Both seem similar but there is a subsequent difference in both. Uremia is the buildup of urea while in azotemia is the accumulation of nitrogenous waste in the blood.
Uremia is caused by the damage done to the kidneys by some other chronic conditions. This is usually because of chronic kidney failure. The kidneys are not able to remove urine and urea from the blood at that time and send it out. Rather the waste gets built-up in the blood including urea, causing uremia.
Some causative factors related to uremia may include:
Diabetes: Diabetes refers to elevated levels of blood sugar which may damage the kidneys, heart, and blood vessels to a large extent over time.
High blood pressure: High blood pressure may damage the blood vessels within the kidneys and the force is so high that the organs also get damaged.
Diabetes and high blood pressure are the two major causes of chronic kidney disease which further read to uremia. You are necessarily required to take ayurvedic treatment for uremia in such a scenario.
Other potential causes may include:
- Polycystic kidney disease is a genetic condition.
- Abnormal structure of the kidneys.
- Autoimmune diseases such as lupus.
- Blockages in or around the kidneys.
- Kidney stones, tumors, or enlarged prostate may also harm the kidneys.
- Chronic urinary tract or kidney infections.
Your risk of chronic kidney disease increases with the following risk factors:
- A family history of kidney disease
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
Ayurvedic treatment for uremia
Uremia can be cured when the underlying condition to it is treated such as chronic kidney disease. One such best approach to cure or treat your kidney function is to take ayurvedic treatment. The anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants, and diuretics property of the herbs used in the treatment make sure the damaged cells and tissues are revived. The herbs have the power to produce urine so that urea and other waste compounds naturally get eliminated. It ensures kidney function without any noninvasive procedures like dialysis.
If you want to get benefited with ayurvedic treatment, make an appointment with Karma Ayurveda Hospital.