What are the results of healthy kidneys?
Every organ plays a vital role as they work to better the physical and mental well-being of the human body. Kidneys are considered one of the major organs that signify the body’s internal well-being as they have the authority to control vital functions for the survival of the body.
The significance of kidneys in the human body is explained below:
- Kidneys supervise blood pressure levels as they adjust according to the body’s requirements and maintain a healthy blood pressure that does not hamper the body’s organs.
- Kidneys manage the electrolytes balance for the body to keep the body hydrated.
- They also manage the formation of red blood cells.
- They eliminate waste products and excess liquid from the blood and keeps the blood toxin-free.
- They manage the purification of blood.
Kidneys are the ones that maintain the whole balance of these essential duties. Still, any kidney harming medical condition that does not healthify the kidneys can provide irreparable damage to the functional order of these bean-shaped organs. As a result, obstructed kidney function arises and brings harmful complications for the other internal organs and the kidneys.
What are the causes of kidney failure?
The causes are the foundations that trigger and boost kidney damage and lead the kidneys to severe end-stage renal disease. To properly treat and manage kidney failure, it is crucial to identify the root cause of kidney damage.
Few reasons for kidney failure are mentioned below:
- Reduced blood flow to the kidneys.
- Urine elimination issues.
- High blood pressure.
- Chronic kidney disease.
- Cardiac-related problems.
- Cardiac attack.
Certain indications of kidney failure?
The indications differ from person to person as some people notice those signs and others do not. That is why the treatment becomes difficult, as there is no detection of symptoms in the early stages of kidney failure.
These are the indications of kidney failure:
- Swollen feet, hands and face because the kidney cannot filter liquid, which accumulates in the body.
- Trouble in breathing or shortness of breath.
- Fatigue or feeling excessive weakness
- Long-lasting nausea.
- Reduction in mental alertness- confusion.
- Pain or pressure in the chest.
Types of Kidney failure
Its two significant types characterize kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure: It frequently occurs, which means suddenly. When kidneys stop functioning suddenly, it is known to be an acute renal failure.
- Chronic kidney failure: Chronic kidney failure occurs over time; the pace of kidneys’ losing their ability to perform is slow, not sudden. However, when kidneys stop performing their functions after a period, chronic kidney failure occurs.
Ayurvedic medicine for kidney disease depends on the type of kidney failure and its progression. That is why it is crucial to identify the type of kidney failure.
When to consult with the doctor?
Suppose you notice or detect signs and symptoms of kidney failure. If this is the case, you need to seek medical advice that can help manage the damage control within the kidneys, as kidney failure is a severe kidney disorder that needs proper management and treatment under a specialist.
What are the various risk factors for developing kidney disorder?
People who have diabetes or high blood pressure have more risk of developing kidney disease. Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney disease, accounting for about 45 percent of total new cases. One may be more likely to get kidney disorder if:
- You are suffering from high blood pressure
- any family members suffering from chronic kidney disease
- you are above 65 years.
Can Ayurveda help in the treatment and management of kidney disease?
Allopathy and Ayurveda are two medical systems that are completely different from each other in every aspect.
Allopathy uses the modern modes of treatment to deal with renal failure. A string of treatment options, including the harmful procedures of dialysis, heavy antibiotics, and surgery (renal transplant), can prove to be harmful to the kidney failure patient’s well-being. Allopathic treatment can treat the disease, but it can not cure kidney failure.
On the other hand, the ancient medicinal art of Ayurveda states that a human body is an amalgamation of three vital doshas- Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Severe kidney conditions like kidney failure occur due to the disruption of these three doshas.
Kidney treatment in Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic treatment for kidney disease suggests dietary changes with a change in daily routine.
- The consumption of barley in the diet.
- Cinnamon powder and turmeric powder are highly beneficial to control diabetes,
- Vegetables such as green bananas, bitter gourd should be consumed in the diet.
- Soybean, mustard oil may be beneficial.
- Products such as sugar, potato, butter rice, alcohol, rajma should be avoided as they contain sugar and carbohydrates that harm the kidneys.
Modification in daily routine
- A proper sleeping cycle should be adopted.
- Yoga practice is highly beneficial.
Disclaimer: The purpose of the content on this page is not to substitute any professional medical advice but to only provide information to the reader. If the reader is a kidney patient, we recommend not making any diet or routine changes without consulting his/her doctor or dietitian. For further advice, you can use this helpline: +91-9871712050 number or visit www.karmaayurvedahealth.com.