Angina is one of clinical symptom that tells about the pain in the chest. There are many things that are responsible for the cause of angina in the human body. One of the reasons could be the wrong and unhealthy lifestyle and diet that can cause a major impact on the body. The pain in the chest felt during angina is the result of inadequate oxygen supply to the muscles of the human heart. This can also be a sign of a heart attack. The issue of angina can be seen in a person only when he or she reaches the age of 50 and it can also result in the death of the person. In the present time, we can say that it is one of the very well-known reasons that result in the demise of people all around the world in millions. Angina treatment in Ayurveda is a very effective way of treating this life-threatening issue of the heart.
Angina and Ayurveda
Angina in Ayurveda is better known as Hritshoola. When we divide the words in two, we get hrit and shoola which is derived from heart and thorn respectively. By splitting the terms we can understand that it is associated with something that causes thorn-like pain in the heart. According to the Ayurveda, the reason behind the cause of angina is the pacification of Kapha dosh. The nature of this dosh is dense, sticky, and cold. The function of Kapha dosh is to maintain a good weight and form seven tissues that are inclusive of bone marrow, blood, fluid, fat, muscles, and reproductive tissues. As far as angina treatment in Ayurveda is concerned, it is focused on the vitiation of Kapha dosha and the treatment of all the side factors of cause.
It is said in Ayurveda that during angina, the accumulation of ama (a form of the toxin) takes place in the heart channels and causes blockage. This blockage results in the aggravation of Vata dosh. Vata is the symbol of air and is dry and cool in nature. There are chances that it might cause pain in the heart. According to the principle of Ayurveda, the factors that result in angina is the unhealthy diet, some sort of physical shock, overexertion of the body, and repeated sex. Moreover, the occurrence of the issue can also be due to the habit of smoking and alcohol. Moreover, it is also caused due to high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, and physical inactivity. Angina treatment in Ayurveda is also focused upon the elimination of these reasons.
Treatment of angina in Ayurveda
When it comes to angina treatment in Ayurveda, there are many homely measures that can be used for the betterment of the condition. The ultimate measure is to drink ample water that helps the body to stay hydrated and helps in the elimination of many issues. It helps in the detoxification of waste from the body such as ama and relives the pain. Here are some of the other measures that are included in the guidelines of angina treatment in Ayurveda.
- The habit of chewing tulsi leaves early in the morning helps in getting over the condition of angina. It can be easily found in any home of the nation.
- One should never eat fatty food, salt-rich diet, and red meat while suffering from angina. Moreover, angina treatment in Ayurveda also includes the elimination of alcohol and tobacco consumption.
- Amla is a food rich in a number of benefits. It is majorly known for the purification and clarification of the blood. Moreover, it also helps in boosting the pumping ability of the waste.
- Angina treatment in Ayurveda also suggests the people suffering from angina to consume fermented food like curd, carbohydrates, grapes, onion, parsley, fenugreek, garlic, and lemon in order to get relief from the pain and to treat the disorder with the goodness of nature.
- It is also significant to reduce the risk factors associated with the heart in order to treat the condition of angina.
- Drinking coriander water helps in reducing the level of cholesterol from the body and provides treatment to angina.
- The last thing whose efficiency cannot be eliminated when it comes to the treatment of any issue related to any part of the body is yoga. Angina treatment in Ayurveda says that a regular practice of yoga helps in the circulation and elimination of cholesterol from the body and does not let the accumulation happen.