Good health is deemed a balanced state where your organs are working at their peak to support your daily bodily processes essential for your survival. Your body is supported with two fist-sized kidneys that share mighty importance in maintaining a healthy balance of fluids, electrolytes, and other essential nutrients in the body.
What goes in must come out; this is how our body works. This means that from the bladder to urinary passageways, all the exit gates should be fully functional to keep your body healthy and functioning.
Your kidneys are the main screw of various bodily processes. Apart from purifying around 200 liters of blood, they also participate in various processes that are equally important for your survival, that include-
- Your kidneys flush out toxins and drugs from the body
- Your kidneys balance the levels of fluids
- Your kidneys monitor the production of red blood cells in the body
- Your kidneys generate an active form of vitamin D that promotes healthy and strong bones
- Your kidney removes acidic waste from the body that produces by cells during various bodily processes
This shows that we cannot stand living a day without our kidneys. Therefore, your kidneys should be supported with balanced food and a regular exercise routine to keep them healthy and to function throughout your life.
Various environmental and biological stresses can keep your kidneys health at stake. And today, we’ll talk about the commonly reported problem of metabolic acidosis, which is as scary and lethal as it sounds. Let’s take a closer look at the term “metabolic acidosis,” its causes, and symptoms that come along with it.
We’ll also talk about Ayurvedic treatment and how you can purge this serious health complication with the best and effective Ayurvedic kidney treatment.
What is metabolic acidosis?
Metabolic acidosis is a health condition when you produce too much acid in the body and cannot get rid of it. This problem is primarily linked with your kidneys which occur when your kidneys are not able to filter excessive acid from the body. High levels of uric acid in the body can be a result of when your body-
- Is producing too much acid
- Isn’t able to get rid of excessive acid
- Does not have enough base to counter the amount of acid in the body
Metabolic acidosis are of different types-
- Diabetes acidosis is very commonly reported in people suffering from type 1 or type 2 diabetes. Diabetic acidosis happens when your body has a high level of ketone bodies ( which are acidic) that build up when the blood sugar level of the body is high.
- Hyperchloremic acidosis happens during severe diarrhea when your body loses a heavy amount of sodium bicarbonate.
- Lactic acidosis is mainly produced in red blood cells and muscle cells. It occurs when your body breaks down carbohydrates that you get from foods into energy when the oxygen level of the body is low. There are various diseases and environmental conditions that can develop lactic acid in the body, such as-
- Liver failure
- Poisoning by medicines
- Strenuous exercises
- Overconsumption of alcohol
- lack of oxygen for a longer period from shock, severe anemia, and heart failure
What are the symptoms of metabolic acidosis?
The symptoms of metabolic acidosis vary on what causes it. Most of the time, people don’t experience any visible signs of high acid levels in the body, but some people experience common symptoms that include
- Feeling weak
- Feeling tired
- Fast heartbeat
- Bad stomach
- Long and deep breaths
- Feeling not hungry
Diagnosis of metabolic acidosis
Early diagnosis can make a huge difference in your recovery. Your doctor may start a series of blood tests, such as.
Blood gas test
To determine the levels of carbon dioxide and oxygen in your blood. It also tells your doctor about the pH of your blood or how acidic your blood is.
Basic metabolic panel
A basic metabolic panel is a series of various combinations of tests that help your doctor monitor important functions of your body. This test is done to assess your pH balance and your kidney functions that hold a direct connection with each other.
If you’re detected with respiratory acidosis, your doctor may want to examine your lungs by performing some tests that may involve pulmonary function tests or chest X-rays.
Problems that may occur due to metabolic acidosis?
When your blood has a higher concentration of acid, it may trigger some serious health complications that can be life-threatening, such as-
- Kidney failure
- Stunted growth in children
- Inflammation ( redness, pain, and swelling )
- Muscle loss, due to less protein in the body
- Bone loss with higher chances of fractures in important bones like your backbone or hips
- Amyloidosis- accumulation of protein build-up in your body that can hurt your organs, brain, and joints
- Higher chances of death
To permanently revive your health, switch to Ayurvedic kidney treatment that can naturally reverse your kidneys’ functions without leaving any side effects in your body.
Ayurveda is a science of life that is based on the Vedic tradition of natural healing. This means that Ayurvedic treatment focuses on curing health complications by making the body responsive and strong to stand against various health problems that can damage your organs, including your kidneys. According to Ayurveda, high acid levels in the body can result from weak kidney functions that various conditions can cause. Ayurvedic kidney treatment uses a precise combination of several herbs and natural raw ingredients that are proven effective in curing any type of damage occurring inside your kidneys.