Chronic kidney disease refers to the insufficiency of renal in carrying out the normal assigned functions. It is a state of the kidneys in which a person cannot pass out the fluid or urine as they usually do. In extreme severe stages of CKD, the waste and toxic substances start to clog in the walls of the heart and the lungs.
Though the situation is life-threatening, the problem takes time to develop into a big massive issue. Symptoms are also hard to figure out.
Chronic kidney disease in the eyes of modern-day science?
Chronic kidney disease is the continuous loss in kidney function, which develops overages. There is no one definite reason that may bring your kidneys at the edge of renal failure, and also results in severe loss in the nephrons.
The result of chronic kidney disease can be enlargement and shrinkage in the size of the kidneys. Eventually, the parts of the kidneys cannot survive the malfunctioning leading to end-stage renal disease. At stage 5 of CKD, you need Chronic kidney disease treatment like dialysis in order to survive.
The benefit of taking chronic kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda is that you can slow down the progression of CKD into ESRD if you have not aged that stage. Nevertheless, you can take ayurvedic treatment if you have reached the fifth stage or receiving dialysis already, or the kidneys have failed.
CKD according to Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, the urine formation occurs in the intestine even though the filtration process is carried out in the kidneys. The imbalance of the fire element can obstruct the urine formation and elimination process. In the scenarios when the body is not able to pass the urine, the toxic substances that were to be eliminated remains in the parts of the urinary system. This pile of waste is known as Ama in Ayurveda.
The Ama can be a production of our bad choices of diet and lifestyle while it results in the loss of appetite, tiredness, puffy eyes, swelling in the lower part, etc.
The damage to the kidneys can only be measured based on the stage of CKD, which can be classified given the glomerular filtration rate. GFR is the measure of a remaining kidney function.
Stages of CKD
- Stage 1: Stage with normal GFR (GFR>90 mLmin)
- Stage 2: Mild damage to the kidneys (GFR between 60 and 89 mL/min)
- Stage 3A: Moderate damage to the kidneys (GFR between 45 and 59 mL/min)
- Stage 3B: Moderate level of CKD (GFR between 30 and 44 mL/min)
- Stage 4: Severe damage to the kidneys (GFR lying in between 15 and 29 mL/min)
- Stage 5: End-stage renal disease (GFR less than 15 mL/min)
Once you know the GFR level, you can determine the stage of CKD and know about the signs and complications that may appear with it. It is easier to work on the CKD Ayurvedic kidney disease treatment if you have noticed the symptoms of kidney damage in the early stage.
The causes of CKD are classified as:
Loss of blood flow to the kidneys
A sudden loss of blood flow to your kidneys can prompt kidney failure. Some conditions that cause loss of blood flow to the organs include:
- A heart attack
- Heart disease
- Scarring of the liver or liver failure
- A severe burn
- An allergic reaction
- A severe infection, such as sepsis
Urine elimination problems
When the body is no able to eliminate urine, toxins build-up, and obstruct the kidneys. Some cancers can block the urine passageways, such as prostate, colon, cervical, and bladder.
Other conditions can interfere with urination and possibly demand the need for the ayurvedic treatment for kidney failure, includes:
- Kidney stones
- An enlarged prostate
- Blood clots within your urinary tract
- Damage to your nerves that control your bladder
Other causes that can darg you at the edge of kidney failure treatment include:
- A blood clot in or around the areas of the kidneys
- Drugs and alcohol consumption
- Inflammation of blood vessels
- Lupus, an autoimmune disease that can inflame the kidneys and their filters
- Glomerulonephritis is an inflammation of the vessels of the kidneys
- Cancer of the plasma cells in the bone marrow
- Chemotherapy drugs that treat cancer can also harm the immune system of the body
- Dyes used in some imaging tests
- Certain antibiotics
- Uncontrolled levels of diabetes
What are the signs of kidney failure?
Usually, there are no signs of kidney disease, and people remain unaware of the fact that their kidneys are damaged for years. The delay in bringing the signs into the light, delay the CKD Ayurvedic kidney disease treatment.
The signs that people misinterpret with other conditions include:
- Swelling around the eyes which is called periorbital edema
- Swelling of your legs called pedal edema
- Shortness of breath
- A urine-like odor in the breath
- Pain in the bones
- The abnormally dark or light color of the skin
- Mental unclarity
- Numbness feeling in your hands and feet
- Restless leg syndrome
- Brittle hair and nails
- Weight loss
- A loss of muscle mass
- Muscle twitching and cramps
- Blood in your stools
- Excessive thirst
- Decreased interest in sex
What are the ways to diagnose CKD?
To diagnose kidney failure and to have an early approach to Chronic kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda, you may also need specific procedures and tests, such as:
- Blood tests: Kidney function tests look for the waste products in the blood, such as creatinine and urea.
- Urine tests: The sample of the urine will tell you any abnormality in the urine to determine the cause of chronic kidney disease.
- Imaging tests: Ultrasound can help assess your kidneys' structure and size. Other imaging tests may be used in various conditions related to the kidneys.
- Removing a sample of kidney tissue: A kidney biopsy is a way to remove the sample of the kidney tissue. A needle is usually inserted through the skin up to the kidneys to know the exact cause of kidney problems.
CKD has the tendency to age to the late stages of kidney failure. Hence it is advised to consult your ayurvedic specialist as soon as possible. The early approach to the Kidney failure ayurvedic treatment will help you get better early.
In the event when the diseased develops kidney failure, the first treatment approach any allopathic doctor recommends is dialysis. Dialysis is an artificial way to get rid of kidney problems and to complete some of the core functions of the kidneys. However, you can only sustain life till the time you are on dialysis. As you leave the treatment, you will notice the symptoms appearing again.
The better alternative approach to making things less severe as with dialysis is to rely on kidney failure treatment without dialysis, which is Ayurveda.
Contact us for more information!
Frequently Asked Questions on the Chronic Kidney Disease
Kidney failure is a health condition that needs intensive care and is reversed only with the help of Ayurvedic medicine for kidney failure and associated disorders.
At the time of kidney failure, Ayurveda can help to prevent the condition from turning to life-risking. Following the guidelines by Ayurveda, the condition of kidney failure can be treated naturally.
Yes, with the help of Ayurvedic remedial science, chronic kidney disease can be cured and prevented from reaching the advanced stages.